What’s a Greek dish without TZATZIKI!!!
This is a fresh and light cucumber and yogurt based sauce perfect for veggies, pita bread, and meats… it’s time to get creative, the possibilities are endless!!!
- 2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 English Cucumber
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill or Mint
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Peel and cut off the ends of an English Cucumber. Using the large blade side of a grater, grate the cucumber in a medium bowl. I prefer this cucumber over others because the seeds are very small or sometimes none at all. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and allow to sit for 10 minutes. This will allow the release of the liquid from cucumber.
- In another medium bowl, add plain yogurt (you can use non-Greek yogurt.. however will not be as good😁), finely chop garlic cloves and dill or mint, freshly squeezed lemon juice, EVOO, salt, and pepper. In my recipe photo, I used dill.
- Squeeze out all the water from cucumber either by hand or using cheese cloth/kitchen towel or mesh strainer. Take your time with this step, you certainly do not want a watery sauce. Add to bowl and mix together well. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and serve.
- Enjoy and please let me know what you think of my recipe!